If you are looking for Mahendra Singh Dhoni Biography, then you are landed on the right page. Here you will know about Mahendra Singh Dhoni Biography in deeply and some lesser facts about Mahendra Singh Dhoni that you didn’t know before.
|Full Name||Mahendra Singh Pansingh Dhoni|
|Nick Name||Mahi, MSD, MS, Captain Cool|
|Date of Birth||7 July 1981|
|Age in 2020||39 Years|
|Birthplace||Ranchi, Bihar (now in Jharkhand), India|
|Hometown||Ranchi, Jharkhand, India|
|School||DAV Jawahar Vidya Mandir, Shyamali, Ranchi, Jharkhand|
|College||St. Xaviers College, Ranchi, Jharkhand|
|Hobbies||Playing Football and Tennis, Riding Bike, Swimming|
|Address||Harmu Housing Colony, Ranchi, Jharkhand|
Mahendra Singh Dhoni Physical Appearance
|Height (approx)||175 cm|
5’9 feet inches
|Weight (approx)||75 Kg|
|Chest- 42 inches|
Waist- 32 inches
Biceps- 14 inches
|Eyes Color||Dark Brown|
Mahendra Singh Dhoni Family
|Father’s Name||Pan Singh (MECON employee, worked at Junior Management position)|
|Mother’s Name||Devki Devi|
|Wife/Spouse Name||Sakshi Dhoni|
|Children’s Name||Daughter Name- Ziva Dhoni|
Son’s Name- None
|Sibling’s Name||Brother’s Name– Narendra Singh Dhoni (Elder, An Politician)|
Sister’s Name- Jayanti Dhoni
Mahendra Singh Dhoni Favorites
|Favorite Cricketer||Batsman- Sachin Tendulkar, Adam Gilchrist|
Bowlers- Glenn McGrath, Brett Lee
|Favorite Cricket Ground||Lord’s Cricket Ground, London|
Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG), Melbourne
|Favorite Actor||Amitabh Bachchan|
|Favorite Actress||Angelina Jolie|
|Favorite Food||Chicken Butter Masala|
Chicken Tikka Pizza
|Favorite Tennis Player||Rafael Nadal|
|Favorite Football Player||Cristiano Ronaldo|
|Favorite Color||Blue and Black|
|Favorite Musician||Kishore Kumar|
|Favorite Film||Sholay and Agneepath|
|Favorite Destination||Goa and Sri Lanka|
1- During the IPL spot-fixing of May 2013, Dhoni was on the radar of the Supreme Court. He was in contact with Gurunath Meiyappan, son-in-law of Srinivasan who was arrested by the police on charges of placing betting in IPL matches. After that MS Dhoni called Gurunath Meiyappan, a ‘Mere Cricket Enthusiast’, Although, he was a fully handled team owner. Later on, 14 July 2015, the Supreme Court-appointed committee of RM Lodha, suspended the owners of Rajasthan Royals (RR) and Chennai Super Kings (CSK) from the Indian Premier League (IPL) for a duration of two years.
2- He resigned as the brand representative of the Amrapali real estate group in 2016 after the residents from one of the Amrapali units carried social media operations after facing logistical problems in the society.
3- He was involved in a tax evasion controversy over his bike named Hummer H2, as the vehicle needed a registration charge of rupees 4 Lakhs in India. But he was registered as his car Mahindra Scorpio mistakenly. He was charged the sum of rupees 53,000 for wrong registration.
4- In the year 2007, 40 citizens of his locality filed a case against the Ranchi Regional Development Authority (RRDA) for wasting approximately 15,000 liters of water in Mahendra Singh Dhoni’s house in the daily subsistence of the swimming pool. At that time, his sector was going through a serious water crisis.
5- Once again MS Dhoni caught in controversies in the 2019 edition of the World Cup in England and Wales. He was seen wearing keeping gloves with Army Insignia against South Africa at the Rose Bowl in Southampton. A Pakistani minister took a dig at M.S.Dhoni for donning the Army gloves. The ICC made it cleared that Dhoni can not wear the badge from the match against Australia at the Oval. However, Mahi got full support from the past Indian cricketers and the Board of Control for Cricket in India.
Mahendra Singh Dhoni Affairs & More
|Marital Status||Married with Sakshi Singh Rawat (Sakshi Dhoni)|
|Marriage Date||4 July 2010|
- Priyanka Jha (died in 2002)
- Lakshmi Rai (South Indian Actress)
Mahendra Singh Dhoni Cricket Career
| International Debut|
► Test- 2 December 2005 VS Sri Lanka in Chennai
► ODI- 23 December 2004 VS Bangladesh in Chittagong
► T20- 1 December 2006 VS South Africa in Johannesburg
► Test- 26 December 2014 VS Australia
► ODI- 9 July 2019 VS New Zealand
► T20- 27 February 2019 VS Australia
|Career Turning Point- Performance in the tri-nation tournament of 2003-04 against Pakistan A and Kenya, where he scored 362 runs in the only 6 matches with an average of 72.40.|
|Jersy No.||#7 (India)|
|State Teams||• Asia XI |
• Bihar Cricket Team (1999-2004)
• Jharkhand (2004/05 – present)
• Chennai Super Kings (2008-2015)
• Rising Pune Supergiants (2016-2017)
• Chennai Super Kings (2018—)
|Coach/Mentor||• Keshav Banerjee|
• Chanchal Bhattacharya
|Bowling Style||Right-Arm Fast Medium|
|Batting Style||Right Handed|
|Favorite Shots||Helicopter shot and Paddlesweep|
|Nature on Field||Calm|
|Likes to play against||Pakistan and Australia|
Mahendra Singh Dhoni Records
- Indian team won major tournaments in all 3 formats under Mahendra Singh Dhoni captaincy: The No.1 Test Ranking for 18 months (2009-2011), The ODI World Cup in 2011, The Champion Trophy in 2013, The T20 World Cup in 2007.
- The only captain of ODIs to have played at a position of seven and scored a century. He did it while playing against Pakistan in December 2012.
- The first Indian wicketkeeper-batsman to reach score 4000 test runs.
- He broke the record of Adam Gilchrist for the highest score made by a wicket-keeper batsman in ODIs by scoring 183 runs.
- MSD holds the record of the maximum number of stumping by an Indian wicketkeeper in International Cricket.
- Most 6s in International Cricket as a captain.
- Won most T20 International matches as a captain.
- Most times bowled in International Cricket while playing a match as a wicketkeeper.
- Most number of the centuries at the position of number 7 in ODIs.
- Highlight 224 runs scored by an Indian captain in Tests.
- After Ricky Ponting (324) and Stephen Fleming (303), MS Dhoni is the 3rd skipper ever to have a captain in more than 300 International matches.
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni is the most successful Indian Test captain with wins of 27 Tests.
- The only captain who captained more than 50 matches in all 3 formats.
- His 10 sixes in an innings are the sixth highest in ODI cricket history.
- India reached the highest test score (726-9), under his captaincy.
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni is the first Indian captain who wins a Test series in New Zealand.
- He made the record of maximum stumping in T20 Internationals (33 stumpings in 91 matches) in July 2018.
Mahendra Singh Dhoni Awards and Achievements
- The Man of the Match and the Man of the Series Awards on several occasions.
- He received his first Man of the Series Award in 2005-2006.
- MS Dhoni received his first Test Man of the Match Award in 2008 versus Australia.
- He received the Honorary doctorate degree by De Montfort University in August 2011.
- Mahi is also a winner of the ICC Player of the year award for consecutive years in 2008 and 2009,
- Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award in 2007
- Padma Shri Award in 2009.
- Padam Bhushan Award in 2018.
- India’s third-highest civilian award in 2018.
- He received the LG People’s Choice Award in 2013.
- MTV Youth Icon of the Year in 2006 and CNN-IBN Indian of the Year in Sports in 2011.
- ICC Award for Spirit of Cricket in 2011 and ICC ODI Player of the Year in 2008 and 2009.
- Open Mahindra Scorpio
- Maruti SX4
- Hummer H2
- Land Rover Freelander
- Mitsubishi Pajero Sfx
- Toyota Corolla
- GMC Sierra
- Mitsubishi Out Lander
- Jeep Grand Cherokee
- Porsche 911
- Ferrari 599
- Audi Q7 SUV
- Kawasaki Ninja H2
- Confederate Hellcat
- Suzuki Hayabusa
- A Norton Vintage
- Hero Karizma ZMR
- Yamaha Rxz
- Yamaha Rx
- Ducati 1098
- Yamaha Thundercat
- Yamaha Rd 350
- TVS Apache
- Kawasaki ZX14R Ninja
- Confederate Hellcat X 132
- Enfield Machismo
- Harley Davidson Fatboy
- Customized TVS Dirt Bike
- Also Read- Yuvraj Singh Biography, Age, Wife, Family, Records, Wiki
- Also Read- Hardik Pandya Biography, Age, Height, Wife, Family & More
|► Salary (approx)- 15 Crores (IPL 2015)|
► Net Worth (approx)- $103 million
Mahendra Singh Dhoni Facts
- Does Mahendra Singh Dhoni smokes?- No
- Does Mahendra Sigh Dhoni drink?- Yes (occasionally)
- He was very talented as a kid.
- He was born in a middle-class Rajput family of rulers.
- The paternal village of Dhoni named Lvali is in the Lamgarha block of the Almora District of Uttarakhand.
- He scored 65% in his 10th class board exams.
- He was first spotted as a goalkeeper in 1993 by his cricket coach KR Banerjee at his school. After some time he asked him to try his hand in the Cricket and wicket keeping.
- Before playing cricket as the full-time, Dhoni was excelled in football and badminton. He played at the district and club level in both badminton and football.
- The former Bengal team captain, PC Poddar saw great potential in Mahi during the Talent Resource Development Wing (TRDW) match in Jamshedpur. After which in 1998/99 season, he was selected in the Bihar U19 team where he scored 176 runs in 5 matches.
- In 2002, when Dhoni was trying for selection in the team India, he fell in love with a girl named Priyanka Jha. But unluckily, she died in an accident, the same year.
- Sourav Ganguly approached him to move to Kolkata in the year 2002. But he rejected the offer and went back to Bihar, where he joined the National Cricket Academy.
- He played as a senior for Bihar from 1999-2003 but his consistent performance was ignored by the East Zone selectors by saying that he had an unconventional playing style. After which he moved to West Bengal, where he joined the job of ticket collector (TT) at Kharagpur railway station for three years (2001-2003).
- In December 2004, on his ODI debut against Bangladesh, he was out for a duck.
- In the year 2004, his life took turn completely when he got selected for India A tour of Zimbabwe and Kenya where he performed very well.
- During the earlier time, he used to have long hairs for two reasons: first, he is a big fan of John Abraham, and secondly, he used to consider it very lucky for him.
- Dhoni made his first ODI century against arch-rival Pakistan in the Vishakapatnam where he scored 143 runs from 123 balls only.
- Mahi was voted as the MTV Youth Icon in the year 2006.
- Even after gaining such a huge success in his early career, he remained on the ground and spends more of his time with his childhood friends.
- Dhoni is famous for his love for motorcycles. His love for two-wheelers started from a very young age and he now has an excellent list of motorbikes ranging from the very old to the very exclusive. He is also the co-owner of ‘Mahi Racing Team India’ in Supersport World Championship.
- He launched a fashion brand “Seven” with Rhiti Group in 2016.
- He loves ‘camouflage’ clothes and accessories.
- Dhoni is the only player who won the ICC Player of the Year award twice.
- According to Forbes Magazine in 2012, Mahendra Singh Dhoni became one of the world’s top-earning sportsman (#31 in the world) by beating famous Sportsmen such as Manchester United’s Wayne Rooney and the World’s fastest man Usain Bolt.
- He is a pet lover and he has also two pet dogs, A Labrador named Zarah and An Alsatian named Sam.
- He was the highest taxpayer sportsman of India in the year 2012, 2013 and 2104.
- Mahi is also a good friend of the actor, John Abraham.
- Dhoni scored 68 not out in his first inning made his debut for Bihar in the Ranji Trophy against Assam in 1999-2000 and finished the season with scoring 283 runs in five matches.
- He and his wife Sakshi knew each other since their childhood days but their love lighted in the winters of 2007 when they met each other in Kolkata through Yudhajit Dutta (Dhoni’s Manager and Friend). Mahi asked for her number from his manager. They dated each other for three years and finally got married on 4 July 2010 in a low profile ceremony.
- It was Sachin Tendulkar who recommended his name for India’s skipper in the year 2007, after which the Indian cricket team reached the heights like never before.
- He was honored with the rank of Lt. Colonel by the Indian Territorial Army in the year 2011.
- He was awarded by the ‘Padma Bhushan’ (India’s third highest civilian award) from president Ram Nath Kovind on 2 April 2018. Dhoni made this prestigious time even more unique and special by wearing a military dress and by marching past the dignitaries present at the Rashtrapati Bhawan.
- Mahi learned his favorite cricket shot, ‘The Helicopter Shot’ from his childhood friend Santosh Lal during the tennis ball tournament who passed away in July 2013.
- He is known for the best finisher in modern cricket and also famous for finishing the ODI match by hitting six, famous among them was the winning six in the ICC World Cup final against the Sri Lanka team in the year 2011.
- Dhoni made his international debut in an ODI match versus Bangladesh in Chittagong and hit run out from the first ball he faced while batting at no. 7.
- He owns a hotel named ‘Mahi Residency’ in Ranchi (Jharkhand).
- Mahi has played 131 First-class matches and scored 7038 runs at 36.84 with nine hundred and 47 half-centuries.
- In 296 ODIs Dhoni has amassed 9496 runs at an average of 51.32 with 10 hundred and 64 fifties. He is also the second-highest run-scorer as a wicketkeeper in a one-day international match.
- Dhoni announced his retirement from Test cricket in December 2014 after the Melbourne test match during the Australia tour. Interestingly that he was just 1 test match defeat away for equaling the record of being captain of most defeated test matches abroad. but not before he scoring 4876 in 90 matches at 38.09 with six hundred and 33 fifties. Virat Kohli took over the captaincy after Dhoni’s retirement.
- On 30 September 2016, a film (Biopic) ‘M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story’ was released by Fox Star Studios which was based on Mahendra Singh Biography.
- It was completely rumored that he took the sum of rupees 40 crores from the makers of his biopic: M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story (2016), starring Sushant Singh Rajput.