If you are looking for Arun Govil Biography, then you are landed on the right page. Here you will know about Arun Govil Biography in deeply and some lesser-known facts about Arun Govil that you didn’t know before.
|Date of Birth
|12 January 1958 (Sunday)
|Age in 2020
|Ramnagar, Meerut, India
|Role of Lord Rama in Ramanand Sagar’s Ramayan (1987-1988)
|Bachelor of Science (Graduate)
|Chaudhary Charan Singh University, Mathura
|Acting & Travelling
Arun Govil Physical Appearance
Arun Govil Family
|Chandra Prakash Govil
|Aman Govil (Banker)
|Sonika Govil (Studying)
|7 (5 brothers and 2 sisters)
|Debut- Film- Paheli (1979)
TV Serial- Vikram Aur Betal (1988)
Arun Govil Favorite
Arun Govil Facts
- Does Arun Govil smokes?- No
- Does Arun Govil drink? – Yes
- Arun Govil, who is popular for his role as Lord Rama in Ramanand Sagar‘s ‘Ramayan’ was born in Ramnagar, Meerut (Uttar Pradesh).
- Arun’s daughter Sonika Govil studies in the Hult International School, Baston, USA whereas his son, who has got married in 2010, works as a banker in Mumbai.
- Arun had begun his career when he met Shrilekha, who was then a celebrity fashion designer. After that, she even acted in some Bollywood movies from the late 80s to the mid-90s.
- Arun Govil’s father had wanted him to become a government job officer, but he wanted to do something different to build an identity for himself. After completing his studies, he went to Mumbai to join his brother’s business. But due to his strong determination to make an identity for himself drove himself to the acting field.
- He has played an important role in many Bollywood blockbuster movies and even also appeared alongside legendary Sridevi in the movie ‘Himmatwala'(1983).
- Who can forget the famous adaption of Ramayan on overtime favor, DD channel in early days? Even today many of us know him as Lord Ram who was in the Ramayan. Not only that single TV series but the versatile Arun has also performed in many Brij, Bhojpuri, and Basha Movies.
- Nearly after 32 years of its original telecast in the late ’80s, the epic T- Series of Ramanand Sagar was re-telecast on Doordarshan TV.
- Arun who was once a heavy smoker quit smoking cigarettes and all other types of drugs because while playing the role of Lord Rama, he perceived that people wouldn’t like to see a cigarette in the hands of a man who is playing the important role of God. But he frequently takes alcohol for recreation.
- His first movie was Paheli in 1971 and after that, he performed in various movies in different languages.
- He gives all credit to his success and achievement of his acting career to Shrilekha, a textile designer.
- Once in the late ’80s, he contested in the election for congress party against V.P. Singh. But he lost it because most of the voters wrote ‘Jai Shree Ram’ on the ballot papers along with casting the vote in his favor.
- During the shooting of Ramayana, people used to come near him and seek blessings from him.
- He also played the role of Laxman in the Indian mythological movie ‘Luv Kush’ in 1997.
- He has also given his voice for the Indo Japanese animation movie ‘Ramayana- The Legend of Prince Rama’ in 1992.
The career of Arun Govil as Ram in Ramayan
- Initially, Arun got rejected in the auditions of Ramayan for the role of Lord Rama. While he was not the first choice of makers for the character of Lord Rama in Ramanand Sagar Ramayan but makers of the show reconsider their decision and eventually they shortlisted Arun Govil for this character because they didn’t find a better actor for this particular role.
- Until now over of nearly 33 years after the telecast of Ramayan, people still know him as Ram. They even touch his feet as an expression of their devotion to Lord Rama.
- Govil has also appeared in the famous comedy show ‘The Kapil Sarma Show’ along with his co-star Deepika Chikalia and Sunil Lahri from the epic series Ramanand Sagar Ramayana in March 2020.
- A photo of Arun Govil got viral on social media in March 2020 in which he is seen watching Ramanand Sagar Ramayan on Doordarshan along with his family during the nationwide lockdown in the wake of Corona Pandemic.
Arun Govil Movies
- Raj Sri Productions, who were the makers of Arun Govil’s debut film Paheli (1979), loved his work in the movie and subsequently offered him for three more movies in the same year, which were Sawan Ko Aane Do (1979), Saanch Ko Aanch Nahin (1979), Raadha Aur Seeta (1979). The movie, Sawan Ko Aane Do (1979) was a super-hit of that time. The evergreen music of this film is still very popular and much like by among the people of India.
|I hope you enjoyed Arun Govil Biography. If you also want to read a more latest and interesting biography of Bollywood, Youtuber, Cricketer, etc. Must visit our website