If you are looking for Shah Rukh Khan Biography, then yoy are landed on the right page. Here you will know about Shah Rukh Biography & some lesser facts of Shah Rukh Khan that you didnt know before.
|Real Name||Shah Rukh khan|
|Nick Name||SRK, King of Romance, King Khan & Baadshah|
|Date of Bith||2 November 1965 (Tuesday)|
|Age in 2020||55 years|
|Birthplace||New Delhi, India|
|Hometown||New Delhi, India|
|Profession||Actor, Producer & Entrepreneur|
|School||St. Columba’s School, Delhi|
|College||• Hansraj College University of Delhi, New Delhi
• Jamia Millia Islamic University, New Delhi
|Edu./Oualification||• B.A. (Hons.) in Economics from Hansraj.
• Master Degree in Mass Communication (Film-making) from Jamia Millia Islamic University, New Delhi
|Marital Status||Married (25October 1991)|
|Hobbies||Playing cricket, Computer Games, Collecting Gadgets|
|Likes||Reading books, Play computer games, Cricket, Rain, Colognes & Hi-Tech gadgets|
|Dislikes||Getting clicked while eating, Sentimentality & Displaying his own feelings, Early Morning, Liars & Heat.|
|Address||Mannat Bengalaw, Land’s End, Bandstand Bandra (West), Mumbai, Maharashtra (400050), India|
Shah Rukh Khan Physical Appearance
Chest- 40 inches
Waist- 32 inches
Biceps- 14 inches
|Eyes Color||Dark Brown|
Shah Rukh Khan Family
|Father’s Name||Late Taj Mohammad Khan (Businessman)|
|Mother’s Name||Late Lateef Fatima (Magistrate & Social Worker)|
|Wife/Spouse Name||Gauri Khan (Indian Actress & Interior Designer)|
|Son’s Name||• Aryan Khan
• Abram Khan (Through Surrogacy)
|Daughter’s Name||Suhana Khan|
Sister- Shahnaz Lalaruikh (Elder)
Debut- TV- Fauji (1989)|
Film- Deewana (1992)
Shah Rukh Khan Favorites
|Favorite Food||Tandoori Chicken and Chinese Cuisines|
|Favorite Soccer Player(s)||Socrates, Pele, Maradona, and Mattheus|
|Favorite Colors||Blue, Black, White|
|Favorite Phrase||‘Let’s do it’|
|Favorite Sport(s)||Hockey, Football, Cricket|
|Favorite Male Co-Stars||Sanjay Dutt, Anil Kapoor, Jakie Shroff|
|Favorite Female Co-Stars||Juhi Chawala, Kajol, Madhuri Dixit|
|Favorite Outfit(s)||Jeans, T-Shirt and Jacket|
|Favorite Fashion Designer(s)||Dolce and Gabbana|
|Favorite Music Director||A.R. Rahman|
|Favorite Film Director||Manmohan Desai|
|Favorite Song||‘Gori Tera Gaon Bada’ from the film ‘Chit Chor’|
|Favorite Historical Person||Genghis Khan, Hitler, Napoleon|
|Favorite Spice||Red Chillies|
|Favorite Destination||Dubai and London|
|Favorite Perfumes||Diptyque, Armani, Tuscany and Azzaro|
|Favorite Book||The Hitch-Hiker’s Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams and Eoin Colfer|
|Favorite TV Shows||Narcos (An American Crime Drama)|
Hollywood- Michael J. Fox, Peter Sellers
Bollywood- Dilip Kumar, Amitabh Bachchan
|Favorite Actress||Mumtaz and Saira Banu|
|Favorite Beverages||Pepsi & Coffee|
Controversy- 1- In 2012, during an IPL match, he was criticized for manhandling a security guard at the Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai and was also prohibited from entering the Wankhede stadium.|
2- In 2008, Shah Rukh Khan and Indian film actor Salman Khan arrived at Katrina Kaif’s birthday party. Reportedly, when Shah Rukh Khan reached the venue with his wife, Gauri Khan, Salman took a lot of taunts at him and a lot of argumentation and fight there.
3- Shah Rukh Khan landed into a major controversy at an event; following his comment on ‘extreme intolerance’ in India. The issue emerged in several protests against him and his then released movie ‘Dilwale.’ However, the actor, after cleared that his words were misunderstood and he got into difficulty. The actor insisted that he had never said that India was intolerant. He further explained that when asked to comment on it, he had refused to do so but when he was insisted upon, he commented that the teens should be concentrate on making India a secular and tolerant country.
4- In 2018, Shah Rukh’s former and confidant chartered accountant, Moreshwar Ajgaonkar, told the income-tax-officers that SRK used faked documents to purchase his Alibag plot. Reportedly, SRK purchased agricultural land for agricultural purposes but constructed a super-luxury bungalow on it instead of that.
5- In 2016, he was prosecuted by the local group of flouting heritage rules and building a ramp outside his bungalow, which was later destroyed by the BMC officials.
6- In 2012, he again attracted controversy by slapping Shirish Kunder (Farah Khan’s husband) at a party.
7- In 2001, Shah Rukh was indicted for illegally using a plot of land, which was given to her mother on a yearly license fee. He had to pay a fine of Rs.12627 on the allegation of not paying the license fee and violating the law. Not only the family failed to pay the license fee but he also built a residential complex at the section in violation of the law.
8- In 2013, he gave a statement that he was going to have a baby boy through surrogacy. After this, it was condemned by the Indian Radiological and Imaging Associations. They questioned how he can know the sex of the baby since sex determination is banned and totally illegal in India. However, BMC gave him a clean chit.
9- He was caught smoking publicly in Rajasthan during an IPL match in 2012.
10- The actor also caught criticism after he made the statement that sometimes he became an inadvertent object of political leaders. After Khan’s statement, Hafiz Saeed (Lashkar-E-Taiba founder and one of the most wanted terrorists) said that Shah Rukh will be greeted in Pakistan and will have the freedom to live there for as long as he wants. However, later, the actor blasphemy his statements.
Shah Rukh Khan Affairs and More
|Marital Status||Married with Gauri Khan (An Indian film Producer and Interior Designer)|
|Marriage Date||25 October 1991|
He had a big crush on Gauri Chibber during his college days. Later he married her.
Shah Rukh Khan Awards and Achievements
► 1993: Best Debut Actor for Deewana film.
► 1994: Best Actor for Baazigar film.
► 1995: Critics Award for Best Actor for Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa film and Best Villain for Anjaam film.
► 1996: Best Actor for Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge film.
► 1998: Best Actor for Dil To Pagal Hai film.
► 1999: Best Actor for Kuch Kuch Hota Hai film.
► 2001: Critics Award for Best Actor for Mohabbatein film.
► 2002: Given the Special Award Swiss Consulate Trophy
► 2003: Best Actor for Devdas film.
► 2004: Power Award
► 2005: Best Actor for Swades film.
► 2007: NDTV Indian of the Year.
► 2008: Best Actor for Chak De India film.
► 2011: Best Actor for My Name Is Khan film.
► 2005: Padma Shri by the Government of India
► 2013: Goodwill ambassador by the Government of South Korea
► 2014: Légion d’honneur and Ordre des Arts et des Letters the Government of France
► Honorary Doctorate from the Edinburgh University of Scotland.
► 2011: UNESCO’s Pyramide con Marni award for children education support.
► 2018: World Economic Forum’s Crystal Award for his great and praiseworthy leadership for championing women’s and children’s rights.
Note: Along with the above-mentioned awards, Shah Rukh has to his credit many other awards, honors, and achievements.
- Audi A6 Luxury Saloon
- Bentley Continental GT
- Bugatti Veyron
- Mitsubishi Pajero SFX
- Toyota Land Cruiser Prado
- Rolls Royce Phantom Drophead Coupe
- BMW 6 Series & 7 Series
- BMW i8
|► Salary (approx)- 45 crores per film|
► Income (as 2018)- 56 crores per annum
► Net Worth (approx)- 3780 crores/$600 million
Sharukh Khan with Political Leader
Shah Rukh Khan Facts
- Does Shah Rukh Khan smokes?- Yes
- Does Shah Rukh Khan drinks?- Yes
- Shah Rukh Khan was born in a middle-class family. His father was a businessman and used to run a transport company and his mother was a magistrate.
- Once SRK said in an interview that his mother was a South Indian and belonged to Andhra Pradesh. But later they moved to Karnataka.
- He spent his childhood with his maternal grandparents in Bengaluru. During the interaction at the alumni meet of Indian Institute of Management, SRK said-
‘I was adopted by my grandparents when my parents were working hard to make the ends meet. So I spent the first five years of my childhood in Bengaluru.
- At the time of his birth, her grandparents named him Abdul Rehman. However, his parents named him Shah Rukh Khan later.
- Shahrukh Khan’s father, Taj Mohammed Khan was acquainted with the Bharat Ratna awarded freedom fighter, Subhash Chandra Bose as his father was the cousin of General Shah Nawaz who was the second in command to Subhash Chandra Bose.
- Initially, his family used to live in rental houses in a bungalow in Rajendra Nagar’s F Block. After, when Shah Rukh became 15, they shifted to Gautam Nagar.
- Sharukh Khan has a lot of love for computer video games.
- He is the hobby of collecting hi-tech gadgets.
- He does not like the liar and sentimental people.
- His name Sharukh, which means ‘Face of the King’ but he prefers to write his name as Sharukh Khan.
- During his school days, he was an active sportsman. Once, while he was playing football in the Dr. Ambedkar Stadium in Delhi, he kicked a football during a penalty and split up his whole right side muscle. Due to this incident, he had to bed rest for a month and his sports career came to an end.
- Apart from being excellent at sports like football, hockey, and cricket, Shah Rukh was also fond of the many traditional Indian street games like flying of kites and playing Gilli-Danda and Kancha (Marbles) and often used to play these games with his childhood street friends.
- SRK mostly used to do wicket-keeping while playing cricket in his school and college days.
- He is a night person and sleeps daily at around 5 hours in the morning.
- His parents had a love marriage. They met each other in a hospital for the first time where his mother was badly injured and needed blood urgently. At this time, his father donated blood to her. From this moment, their love story started.
- He was awarded by the ‘Sword of Honour’ title in St. Columba’s School, New Delhi which was assigned to the best student of the school.
- When he was 15 years old, his father died due to cancer.
- He has a big fear of Horse riding and hates eating Ice-Cream.
- King Khan hates getting picture white eating food.
- He did a mimic of legendary Bollywood actors like Dilip Kumar, Mumtaz, and Amitabh Bachchan in his youth.
- He became a household name after the blockbuster film ‘Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge.
- During an interview, he shared that he does not take a shower on Sunday.
- When asked about his connection with the National School of Drama (NSD), he said,
‘I wasn’t a part of the National School of Drama, but I used to work with a lot of actors who were from there. Manoj (Bajpayee) wasn’t from there either, but I & he had worked with the actors like Raghuvir Yadav and others who were a part of National School Drama (NSD). They used to help with our syntax and articulate when we were doing theatre in Delhi. I learned a lot from them. My father used to run the canteen there, which is how I got to know all the super actors from NSD’.
- Shah Rukh Khan formed a special gang named C-Gang in school time with his four close friends named Bikash Mathur, Raman Sharma, Vivek Khushalani, and Ashok Vassan. The ‘C’ in the ‘C-Gang’ stood for ‘Cool’.
- When he used to study at Hansraj College, he was closely involved with the Theatre Action Group (TAG) and was mentored by Barry John.
- His first salary was of rupees 50, that he earned by working as an escort at Pankaj Udhas‘s concert in New Delhi. After receiving his first salary, Shah Rukh took the train to Agra and visited the Taj Mahal. Recalling his experience he says that he drank a Pink Lassi in the way that made him very seriously sick.
- Once, he even tried to expand a small restaurant in Dariya Ganj but it didn’t work and failed.
- His friend, Vivek Vaswani, helped him during his struggling days. Later he worked with him as a co-actor in the films, Raju Ban Gaya Gentleman (1992) and Josh (2000).
- He was first offered a role in Lekh Tandon’s television show ‘Dil Dariya’ but due to the continuous delays in the broadcasting of the show, which led his show ‘Fauji’ to became his television debut.
- A big reason to do Fauji was that before coming into the field of acting, SRK wanted to join the Indian Army. When he was asked in an interview, what he would have done if he wasn’t an actor, he said, ‘I always wanted to join the Army, so I would have aimed for that had acted not happened.’
- He has done some little roles in the famous TV serials like “Umeed,” “Wagle Ki Duniya,” and “Mahan Karz.” He even highlighted in the English film “In Which Annie Gives It Those Ones,” in which he worked with the actress Arundhati Roy. This film is also considered as his debut English film.
- He moved to Mumbai with his sister in 1992 after his mother’s demise.
- SR Khan became the public sensation, especially among teenagers, and became the icon of romance without actually kissing any of his co-stars on the screen till then which earned him the title of ‘King Of Romance’ until the ends of the late 90s.
- SRK got his first debut film ‘Dil Aashna Hai’ offer with Hema Malini directional but he made his acting debut ‘Deewana’ which was released in June 1992.
- Subsequently, he featured in many superhits films like ‘Chamatkar’, ‘Maya Memsaab’, ‘King Uncle’, ‘Raju Ban Gaya Gentleman’, ‘Baazigar’ and ‘Darr’. He even did a treasure in the Bollywood film ‘Pehla Nasha’.
- He does not stammer in his real-life although, his dialog ‘I love You K…K…Kiran’ from the film ‘Darr’ became an evergreen hit.
- While shooting for the song ‘Chaiya-Chaiya’ for the film ‘Dil Se’ on the moving train, all the dancers were tied to the train for safety except Shah Rukh Khan who was not tied.
- He signed the film ‘Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa’ in 1994. Interestingly he was offered an amount of rupees 25000 only for this whole movie. On the opening day of the film, he even sold the film tickets at the booking window in one of the cinema in Mumbai.
- Besides ruling the world of acting, he is also popular for his hosting skills, which has been justified through plenty of awards shows starting with the 48th Filmfare Awards and then in a row- 49th, 52nd, 53rd, 55th, 57th, 58th, 61st, 62nd, and 63rd Filmfare awards. He has further hosted many shows and events like the 20th and 21st Life OK Screen Awards, and 6th, and 14th International Indian Film Academy Awards.
- Despite believing in Islam, he equally values his wife’s religion and teaches his children too, to do the same. He admitted that once at his home, the Quran was installed next to the Hindu Gods.
- Shah Rukh Khan exposed in an interview that he is not a nature lover.
- SRK has a great belief in numerology and is very much superstitious about the number 555, as he believes that it brings good luck to him. Moreover, most of his cars have registered to the number 555 and his personal e-mail ID also includes the same number.
- Along with Juhi Chawla and her husband Jay Mehta, SRK acquired the ownership rights to the franchise representing Kolkata in the T20 cricket tournament IPL for $75.09 million and later, renamed it to Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR).
- SRK also hosted Season 3 of the game reality show, Kaun Banega Crorepati which was broadcasted on Sony Entertainment Television.
- He has also been selected for the brand ambassador of numerous government campaigns like “Pulse Polio” and “National AIDS Control Organisation.” He was appointed by the UNOPS as the first global brand representer (ambassador) of the Water Supply and Sanitation Collaborative Council.
- SRK made his first on-screen kiss in the movie ‘Jab Tak Hai Jaan.’ in the year 2012.
- On SRK recommendation, Rani Mukherjee was cast in the film ‘Kuch-Kuch Hota Hai’ by Karan Johar’.
- Baadshah hosted the game show ‘Kya Aap Paanchvi Pass Se Tez Hain’ which was the Indian version of the popular American game show, ‘Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grade’.
- In 2017, he came up with an Indian talk show- ‘TED Talks India Nayi Soch’ produced by TED conferences.
- King Khan appeared on David Letterman’s talk show which featured on Netflix in October 2019.
- SRK was awarded by the 24th annual Crystal Award by World Economic Forum for his great work for women empowerment, child rights, and acid attack victims in 2018.
- King Khan has charmed the whole world with his signature pose which means spreading his arms wide in blue azure skies.
- During the 2019 Diwali at Amitabh Bachchan‘s house, Shah Rukh Khan saved Aishwarya Rai‘s manager, Archana Sadanand, from fire. Archana was with her daughter in the courtyard when her lehenga caught the fire. SR Khan rushed to her and put out the fire while everyone else got stunned by this incident,
- In 2018, Aanand L. Rai came up with a featuring Shah Rukh Khan in the lead role movie titled “Zero,” This film was also trending in the news because of Sridevi‘s last appearance in films.
- In 2013, Shah Rukh Khan founded the charitable organization named ‘Make A Wish Foundation’ (NGO), which works to rehabilitate burn & acid attack survivors and empower women in India.
- On 27 May 2013, his son named AbRam Khan was birth through surrogacy.
- In his movie ‘Fan’ double role received great laurels from the audience, he was converted into a 25-year-old person and this challenge was taken by the three academy awards winner international makeup artist ‘Greg Cannom’.
- His wax mannequin is situated in ‘Madame Tussaud’s Museum’ of London.
- In the year 2012, Shah Rukh Khan Biography titled “King Khan: The Official Opus of Shah Rukh Khan’ was released. He was the first Indian television actor and the second Indian citizen, after Sachin Tendulkar (Cricketer), to have his biography published by Kraken Opus.
- In the year 2019, he made headlines for his appearance in a series of videos for Dubai Tourism’s #BeMyGuest campaign. In that video, he was seen beside superheroes Captain America, Thor, and Iron Man as they joined hands to solve a puzzle in Dubai
|I hope you enjoyed Shah Rukh Khan Biography. If you also want to read Anushka Sharma Biography (Indian film Actress), CLICK HERE|