Breath is the single-most entity or rather practice in the realm of yoga, which governs all other kriyas. No human being can stay alive without it either. You are required to regulate your breath, as a part of this practice. The meaning of ‘Pranayama’ is ‘expansion of breath’. You have to inhale for a limited period and then exhale, for the period as designated in the scripts. There are various types of Pranayama.
Pranayama is done along with physical poses or asanas, and meditation. There are several benefits of yoga poses or asanas, Pranayama, and meditation, clubbed together. Join the 200 hour yoga teacher training in India to get complete knowledge of the above kriyas.
Different Types Of Pranayama Taught In 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training In India
There are different types of Pranayama or breath manipulation exercises.
- Nadi Shodhana – It is also called Alternate Nostril Breathing. You can learn about the same under the guidance of expert teachers. Samadhi Yoga Ashram is one of the most respected yoga schools in the country. You will be able to learn the intricacies of the yoga poses at the school. You have to sit in a comfortable pose while doing this breathing activity. You have to keep the left hand on the left knee. Exhale the air out. Use the right hand, to close the nostril on the right. Inhale all the air you can through the left nostril. Close the left nostrils through the other fingers. Open the right nostril, and exhale the air completely. Inhale from the right one again and then close it. Open the left nostril and exhale the air. This is one single cycle. You can do this at least 9-10 times.
- Shitali Pranayama – This is another type of Pranayama that can help you to cool down. This is especially beneficial for people staying in warm climatic conditions. Sit in a comfortable position, like you would during other yogic kriyas. Inhale and exhale deeply, to get into the practice. Then you have to roll the sides of the tongue and make an O-shape with the tongue. You have to stick out the tongue. Inhale air through the mouth. Hold the breath for some time, also called retention. Exhale through the nostrils after a few seconds. Repeat the same for 10-15 cycles.
- Ujjayi Pranayama – This is another effective yogic Pranayama, which you can practice today. You can recreate the sound of waves. Thus, many yogis and schools refer to it as Ocean’s breath. You can start in a comfortable position. Breathe in through the mouth. Then create a constriction at the back of the throat. Thereafter, you have to close your mouth. Continue to breathe in and out through the nose, while keeping the constriction in place. You can do at least 5-10 cycles.
- Bhramari Pranayama – This is the Humming Bee Breath. Sit in a comfortable position. Close the eyes and the ears with the fingers other than the thumb, which has to be used for blocking the ears. Inhale all the air you can, then exhale while making a buzzing noise. You can also make the sound ‘Om’. You can make the bee-like noise for an extended period of time. After you are done, it is considered as one cycle. 5-10 repetitions are good. You will learn the best at the school as a part of the 200 hour yoga teacher training in India.
Benefits Of Pranayama Decoded
You can join the 200 hour yoga teacher training in India to learn about the Pranayama. Additionally, the teachers will give you the knowledge of the benefits. These breathing practices can benefit you physically, mentally, and emotionally.
- It increases lung capacity. You can start realizing the benefits the moment, you would have practiced for a few days. Inhalation and exhalation help in completely clearing out the lung cavity, and removal of CO2, and inhalation causes absorption of O2.
- It also improves your immunity. When you are in stressful situations, the body’s immunity is hit. But on the other hand, your body is relaxed as a result of continuous yoga practice. This helps in reducing inflammation. And, your body is able to fight off toxins and infectious agents.
- You can also lose weight, as a result of Pranayama practice. Bhastrika, Anulom Vilom, and Kapalbhati are the breathing exercises that can help you to lose all the flab. The abdominal walls undergo rapid expansion and contraction which leads to heat generation within the body. This heat helps to melt the fat cells. Regular practice of Pranayama helps to make the body light.
- Your digestion capabilities also increase and improve manifold, if you practice pranayama for a number of days continuously.
- You will likely be able to lower your blood pressure as well.
Join Samadhi Yoga Ashram to learn about the various yoga asanas, breathing techniques, and meditation. They will help you to overcome all the vagaries of life. You can gain in terms of all-around health through the joint efforts of the above practices. Join the 200 hour yoga teacher training in India, to learn about the same today.