If you are looking for Arvind Kejriwal Biography, then you are landed on the right page. Here you will know about Arvind Kejriwal Biography in deeply and some lesser facts about Arvind Kejriwal that you didn’t before.
|Real Name||Arvind Kejriwal|
|Date of Birth||16 August 1968|
|Age in 2020||52 Years|
|Birthplace||Siwani, Bhiwani, Haryana, India|
|Hometown||Siwani, Bhiwani, Haryana, India|
|Profession||Politician and Social Worker|
|Political Party||Aam Aadmi Party|
|School||• Campus School, Hisar, Haryana, India
• Christian Missionary Holy Child School, Sonipat, Haryana, India
|College||• Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, West Bengal|
|Education Qualification||Graduated in Mechanical Engineering|
|Marital Status||Married (1995)|
|Hobbies||Reading, Watching movies, Doing Yoga, Vipassana, Listen to music|
|Address||Residence- 87 Block, B.K. Dutt Colony, New Delhi (110001)|
Arvind Kejriwal Physical Appearance
|Height (approx)||165 cm
|Weight (approx)||60 Kg|
Arvind Kejriwal Family
|Father’s Name||Gobind Ram Kejriwal (Electrical Enginner)|
|Mother’s Name||Geeta Devi|
|Wife/Spouse Name||Sunita Kejriwal (IRS Officer)|
Brother- Manoj (Younger) Software Engineer in IBM, Pune
Sister- Ranjana (Younger) Doctor in Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL), Haridwar
Arvind Kejriwal Favorites
|Favorite Street Food||Golgappe|
|Favorite Actor||Aamir Khan|
|Favorite Food Joint||Taste of China, Connaught Place, Delhi|
|Favorite Comedian||Kapil Sharma|
|Favorite Sweet Dish||Jalebi|
|Favorite Social Activist||Anna Hazare|
► Cases Where Charges Framed
• Four Charges related to Voluntarily causing hurt to discourage public servant from his duty (IPC Section- 332)
• Five Charges related to Disobedience to order duly promulgated by public section (IPC Section- 188)
• Arvind Kejriwal, Manish Sisodia among 15 named accused in Delhi Chief Secretary ‘Assault Case’ on 13 August 2018.
• Four Charges related to Obstructing public servant in discharge of public function (IPC Section- 186)
• Four charges related to Assault or criminal force to detect public servant from discharge of his duty (IPC section- 353)
• Four Charges related to acts done by several people in furtherance of common intention (IPC section- 34)
► Cases Where Cognizance Taken
• Four Charges related to Defamation (IPC Section- 499)
• Four Charges related to Punishment for Defamation (IPC Section- 500)
• Four Charges due to Punishment for Rioting (IPC Section- 147)
• Four Charges related to Every member of illegal assembly criminal of the offense committed in prosecution of a common object (IPC Section- 149)
• Three Charges is related to Rioting, armed with Deadly weapons (IPC Section- 148)
• Two Charges related to Assaulting or obstructing people servant when suppressing riot (IPC Section- 152)
• Two Charges related to Knowingly joining or continuing in assembly of five or more persons after it has been commanded to disperse (IPC Section- 151)
► Cases Where Convicted
• One Charge related to Wantonly giving provocation with intent to cause a riot, if rioting be committed if not committed (IPC Section- 153)
• One Charge related to Joining or continuing in unlawful assembly, knowing it has been commanded to disperse (IPC Section- 145)
• One Charge related to wrongful restraint (IPC Section- 341)
Arvind Kejriwal Political Career
► Political Journey|
• He laid the foundation of the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) on 26 November 2012.
• In the year 2013, Arvind Kejriwal defeated Sheila Dikshit in the New Delhi assembly constituency by a margin of 25,864 votes, who had been the chief minister of Delhi for three successive terms.
• On 28 December 2013, he took the first time sworn as the Chief Minister of Delhi but he governed Delhi for 49 days only as he resigned from the Chief Minister post in Feb 2014.
• He later 25 March 2014, contested against BJP’s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi from the Varanasi parliamentary constituency in Uttar Pradesh, alleging that the party members forced him to do so. But Kejriwal lost the elections with a margin of approx 3,70,000 votes.
• In February 2015, he defeated the debutant, Nupur Sharma of BJP, and veteran Congress leader Kiran Walia and became the Chief Minister of Delhi for the second time with a huge majority of 67 out of 70 seats on 14 February 2015 at the famous Ramlila Maidan in Delhi.
• On 16 February 2020, he took the third time sworn as the Chief Minister of Delhi at the famous Ramlila Maidan in Delhi.
Arvind Kejriwal Award and Achievements
- In 2004, Bestowed with Ashok Fellow, Civil Engagement.
- In 2005, Satyendra K. Dubey Memorial Award, IIT Kanpur.
- In 2006, CNN-IBN Indian of the year Award and Ramon Magsaysay award.
- In 2009, The IIT Kharagpur bestowed him with the distinguished Alumnus award and association for India’s development awarded him a grant and fellowship.
- In 2010, The Economic Times Award for corporate excellence, awarded Arvind Kejriwal, along with Aruna Roy, The Policy change Agent of the year award.
- In 2011, received The Indian of the year Award from NDTV.
Salary (as a Chief Minister of Delhi in 2018) – Rs. 3.67 Lakh |
Net worth as in 2015 (approx) – Rs. 2.09 Crore
Arvind Kejriwal Facts
- Does Arvind Kejriwal smoke? – No
- Does Arvind Kejriwal take a drink? – No
- He is a pure vegetarian and starts his day with yoga & Vipassana.
- The favorite food of Arvind Kejriwal is aloo paratha, Gol Gappa and favorite sweet is jalebi.
- He met his wife, Sunita during their Civil Services training in IIT Mussoorie (Uttrakhand).
- All through the days when Arvind used to employ as an IRS officer, he refused to have a peon and cleaned his table by himself.
- While working in the Income Tax department, he assisted in forming the NGO Parivartan in December 1999.
- He has also worked with the famous social activist and Nobel Laureate, Mother Teresa.
- Once in an interview, one of his classmates revealed that in college days in Kharagpur, Arvind Kejriwal used to go to the slums area and taught kids there who could not afford to study.
- In 1992 he quit his job from Tata Steel and in the same year, he cleared his Civil Services exam in the first attempt.
- Arvind Kejriwal was awarded by Ramon Magsaysay Award for playing a major role to enact RTI in India but he donated his Magsaysay award funds to a non-government organization in 2012.
- Kejriwal gave resigned from the Indian Revenue Service (IRS) in the year 2006 because he wanted to devote his full time to social services.
- He played an important role to empower the poorest at the ground level and implement the Right of Information Act (RTI).
- In the year 2011, Kejriwal, along with Anna Hazare, staged India Against Corruption (IAC) movement in Ramlila Maidan, Delhi, for drafting the Jan Lokpal Bill that demanded Citizen’s Ombudsman Bill, which got failed due to political tactics of Congress, BJP, and other political parties.
- After the failure of the movement, Arvind Kejriwal and many other IAC team members decided to launch a political party to fight against the corruption in India. However, Anna Hazare, Kiran Bedi, and many other IAC team members were against entering politics.
- He has in the habit of checking each and every document file, each and every line of documents, marking main lines with the marker, and making sure that everything is accurate. Once has colleagues said that he had cross-checked the Jan Lokpal bill about 100 times.
- Once has a blue Wagon R car was stolen near Delhi secretariat. The Software engineer Kundan Sharma gifted this car to Kejriwal. However, it was found deserted in Ghaziabad.
- On 20 January 2015, while going to file his nomination Delhi Assembly elections, he had to postpone it for the next day. A similar event took place during the 2020 Delhi assembly elections when he had to postpone his nomination, even the date was that same, i.e. 20 January in both the scenario, the reason was given by the Kejriwal for the postpone of his nomination was that a big traffic jam like situation. Hence he could not reach the collectorate to file his nomination.
- He released a report card of AAP work during the last 5 years before Delhi Assembly elections 2020.
- Aam Aadmi Party is only the one party who is going to make his government third time in any state first 8 years after establishment.
Books on Arvind Kejriwal
- A Man With A Mission
- The Disruptor: Arvind Kejriwal And the Audacious Rise of the ‘Aam Aadmi’
Book Written By Arvind Kejriwal
- Swaraj- It was published by Harper Collins and launched on 29 July 2012 at Jantar Mantar, New Delhi.
An Insignificant Man
|An Insignificant man- It is a non-fiction documentary directed by Khushboo Ranka and Vinay Shukla. This film was released on 17 November 2017. It is about the growth of anti-corruption protests in India and the rise to fame of the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP). The duration of this movie is 1 Hour 40 Minutes. This film is in both English and Hindi language. The film An Insignificant Man was earlier known as Proposition for a revolution.|
Results of Delhi Legislative Assembly Elections 2015
Results of Delhi Legislative Assembly Elections 2020
I hope you enjoyed Arvind Kejriwal Biography, If you also want to read about the biography of famous Indian Journalist Anjana OM Kashyap, CLICK HERE.